The Hartford Digital Mobile Technical Leader in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Digital Mobile Technical Leader
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700010
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?br> br>
Primary accountability for the position involves solution design for Digital assets at the Hartford. This Digital Mobile Technical Leader position is a mix of hands-on development and solution consulting. The position includes prototyping, establishing and delivering proof-of-concepts, and developing positions on the use of leading-edge technology solutions. The individual will drive clear and effective designs at the local and enterprise level, ensuring technical standards and business and IT strategic alignment occurs. The Digital-Mobile Technical Leader reporting into Hartford’s Architecture organization will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing solutions that enable Strategic Initiatives & Technology objectives.br> br>
The individual will be a key contributor to the overall application architecture health within the digital portfolio, working closely with Lead Line of Business Architects and technical leaders across business segments.br> br>
Specific duties include the following:br> br>
- Maintain vertically deep skills in digital technology including but not limited to traditional Web, Mobile platforms, development IDEs, build and deploy processes, etc.
- Deep knowledge of system integration best practices supporting digital assets
- Drive DevOps opportunities considering rapid, frequent and reliable development and release planning as related to digital programs
- Design, develop and lead prototype and proof of concept design and development for COE business partners
- Deliver training and demo sessions for the enterprise development community
- Assist in developing reference architectures, application roadmaps and position papers in partnership with cross-functional development groups
- Provide thought leadership on best practices for solution design, with a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration across mobile and other digital channels
- Create partnerships with all areas in the service delivery chain and understand their processes and guidelines for delivery
- Establish and participate in architecture governance processes that ensure the future vision is realized maintaining standards and architectural integrity.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?br> br>
- The Digital Mobile Technical Leader is a technical position that requires five or more years’ experience in IT, across multiple digital development toolsets.
- Familiarity with Mobile Application Development platforms, techniques and implementations, including frameworks such as Node.js, Backbone.js
- Familiarity with HTTP/HTTPS and other Internet protocols, JSON, XML and other protocol standards
- Experience with Mobile UI design and best practices, including responsive design
- Experience in working under Agile development methodology
- Development experience in .NET, C#, Java
- The applicant must have vertically deep skills; have deep understanding of traditional Web frameworks, Mobile platforms, vendor software solutions, development tools, processes, etc.
- Must have demonstrated experience within the Digital domain, delivering high quality designs and artifacts for the enterprise.
- Proven experience delivering DevOps process & capabilities resulting in rapid, frequent and reliable development and release planning.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?br> br>
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?br> br>
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsbr> br>
Behaviors at the Hartfordbr> br>
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expressionbr> br>
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *br> br>