The Hartford Digital IT Delivery Lead - Group Benefits Division in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Digital IT Delivery Lead - Group Benefits Division
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700200
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
Group Benefits Technology is seeking an IT Delivery Lead for our Digital Application Development Program. The Delivery lead will be accountable for managing the delivery of a large and complex Digital Application Development and Maintenance program and an Agile coach for his/her delivery team.
This is a technical and leadership role. The successful candidate will reside within the Group Benefits Technology organization of The Hartford Technology, Operations, and Data division.
This leader is responsible for step changing Group Benefits digital capability with a team of vendor and employee experts. This role should understand Group Benefits insurance and digital landscape macro trends and have a proven record of development and operational management of projects involving redesign and automation of web and mobile platforms with complex integration to legacy environments. This leader must be highly motivated, results oriented with strong digital and business acumen.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead an onsite and virtual team of technology professionals and supporting staff to drive, develop, and maintain the Group Benefits digital applications.
- Establish and facilitate use of DevOps automation tools to support deployment and testing optimization.
- Operate a continuous improvement service delivery model to increase efficiencies.
- Establish success criteria with financial, project management and key performance indicators.
- Coordinate with development leads, platform support teams, and QA/Testing groups to enable scalability, performance and best-in-class solutions.
- Ensure security and privacy measures in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinates activities across supporting organizations for delivery, maintenance, and production support.
- Provide technical leadership by enforcing the vision of the application architecture and safeguard the integrity of the application environment, in alliance with architects and other technology partners.
- Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization
- Act as a technical liaison between project management, architecture and development disciplines to influence design and delivery of scalable and Total Cost of Ownership optimized solutions.
- Develop and oversee technical deliverables for invest projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
- Responsible for collaborating with Architects to finalize the solution architecture and design with appropriate balance and alignment with future state strategy, portfolio risk, appropriate risks or controls and affordability.
- Mentor and train project team members (including Sourcing Partners) to enforce proven industry patterns and best practices for design and coding.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Drive application development decisions around build/buy/partner options
- Manage contract deliverables, costs, and resources
- Work to understand business and stakeholders
- Create and leverage solutions to improve cost and speed to market.
· Works closely with business sponsors and stakeholders to drive execution of digital strategies and solutions, and ensure portfolio projects are successfully executed and delivered on time, on budget, with high quality and enables the business.
- Coach, advise, and guide the adoption and improvement of Agile methods and practices
- Apply appropriate change management techniques to help people re-think and change mindsets
· Manages a team consisting of project managers, business analysts, tech leads and developers. Responsible for Talent management and development including coaching, succession planning, assessing capabilities and acquiring key talent.
· This leader is expected to instill inspiration in project team by effectively communicating the big picture and clear plan to execute, build commitment and empower others, communicate with clarity, courage & timeliness.
· Has good financial discipline and rigor.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Requires experience with Mobile technologies, including deployment experience across mobile development platforms for IOS and Android platforms.
- Strong foundational knowledge of mobile and internet technologies, development practices, mobile service capabilities, and competence in a former developer/tech lead or architect role.
- Prior knowledge of standing up a new team and delivery model is a plus
- 10 years Information Technology experience
- 5 years project management or application leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with all stakeholders and staff
- Ability to organize and synthesize information provided by stakeholders to outline potential options and solutions
- Familiarity with iterative design and development methodology, with experience in application development.
- Ability to produce documentation that supports the effective delivery of technology that meets business needs
- Ability to structure and drive working and informational sessions that promote collaboration, achieve synergy, and achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to clearly give and receive information (facts, ideas, perspectives) through verbal and written methods
- Ability to effectively interface with others and develop healthy, productive work interactions
- Ability to function comfortably in a matrixed, cross-functional, and highly diversified workforce.
- Strong experience with Agile.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
· Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
· Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge,
· expense, risk & controls driven mindset
· Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
· Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
· Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
· Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that
serves our shareholders and customers.
· Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good
of The Hartford.
· Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with
· Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high
standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: IT Project Management