The Hartford Business Data Analyst in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Business Data Analyst
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700173
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?br> br>
This is a Business Data Analyst position on the Enterprise Data Office (EDO) Commercial Lines Data Strategy and Enablement team. This is a customer-facing organization focusing on data consultation and business support for all the specific data needs of the Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, and Group Benefits business customers.br> br>
The candidate will lead project tracks which are creating data in the Hartford’s data assets for Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, and Group Benefits.br> br>
The candidate will partner with Product Management, Actuarial and IM professionals as to ensure the addition of data into our data assets is focused on the end user’s needs and the quality of the data from a business perspective.br> br>
The candidate will be involved in the creation of use cases with the business, verification of data, business training on the data and data assets, and guiding the team to understand business impacts of development decisions and data issues.br> br>
The candidate will help to determine answers for Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, and Group Benefits data questions from Actuarial, Business, Business Intelligence teams and EDO – Data Asset Management.br> br>
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
The candidate must have the ability to work and communicate effectively with both business and technical communities.br> br>
The candidate must have strong analytical skills and technical abilities.br> br>
The candidate must have a proven track-record of working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, technically oriented environment.br> br>
The candidate should work well in both a small team environment and independently.br> br>
The candidate needs to have basic SQL skills, and medium-level Excel skills. An understanding of relational and dimensional modeling is a plus.br> br>
Although not required, the ideal candidate would familiar with commercial lines policy writing, and some of the Hartford's commercial lines systems such as CLDW, Siebel, New ICON, ICON, CLA, NPPS, ARI, CIDER, or BKF.br> br>
Although not required, knowledge in the following areas is a plus – big data platforms, python, hive, data virtualization, Tableau, data governance.br> br>
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?br> br>
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?br> br>
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsbr> br>
Behaviors at the Hartfordbr> br>
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expressionbr> br>
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *br> br>
Job: P&C Act Data Admin & MIS