The Hartford AVP, Process Improvement in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: AVP, Process Improvement
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700965
Assistant Vice President, Enterprise Process Improvement
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Hartford has invested in, and has been successfully executing on, a multi-year strategy to create a sustained culture of process excellence and continuous improvement, enabling achievement of our vision of being an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character and customer value.As the Assistant Vice President, Enterprise Process Improvement , you’ll play a critical role in this transformation that is being driven by the CEO and his leadership team. If you’re looking for a new complex challenge with high visibility and significant career growth, then this is the job for you.
Based in Hartford, Connecticut andreporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Process Improvement, you will partner with business leaders to enable a culture of superior execution and continuous improvement through the use of assessments, Lean Six Sigma projects, process engineering efforts and awareness training. You will be accountable for cultivating talent and driving a culture of change and adoption of a continuous improvement mindset.
- Lead multiple work groups and key business initiatives focused on driving excellence through process improvement.
- Promote deep interaction and collaboration with business leaders to ensure that project plans align with business strategy.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma and other consulting/operational improvement techniques to drive measurable business process improvement.
- Develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation.
- Lead a high performing organization. Create an open environment that fosters idea generation and brings new/fresh perspectives to complex problems.
- Drive significant positive change in support of The Hartford’s strategic priorities through leading a team of Directors and Consultants.
- Lead multiple efforts designed to achieve significant changes in culture and performance
- Influence all levels of management to adopt a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Master Black Belt experience preferred. Certified Black Belt required. M
- McKinsey 5 lenses leadership experience preferred
- 8-10 years of experience implementing end-to-end process improvement capabilities in a large, complex enterprise environment.
- Track record of achieving significant business results through application of Six Sigma or Lean.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including the ability to attract and lead a group of high potential six sigma black belts
- Seasoned and successful professional with a demonstrated track record of leading large-scale, high impact business initiatives.
- Progressive business and client consulting experience with an emphasis on strategy process reengineering and change management. Deep expertise in continuous improvement, strategy development and implementation and flawless execution.
- Ability to excel in a multi-faceted, high paced, demanding, customer service-centric environment.
- Strong personal credibility with a track record of delivering continuous improvement in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong emotional intelligence and tenacity for driving change, even while experiencing resistance.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic vision/direction into actionable steps
- Ability to synthesize significant amounts of information into pertinent messages/themes
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capability in addition to “roll up your sleeves” action orientation
- Track record of achievement in driving broad cultural changes
- Experience successfully facilitating cross-functional and cross-business teams.
- Strong executive presence and communications skills with the ability to appropriately, tactfully, and effectively influence Senior Leaders.
- Strong financial acumen.
BEHAVIORS AT THE HARTFORD
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. You’ll also be eligible to participate in our benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
Visit ourwebsiteto learn about The Hartford’s recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available atwww.thehartford.com.
Join us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Join our group on Linked In
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
Job: Six Sigma