The Hartford Administrative Assistant - Personal Lines Operations & Shared Services in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Administrative Assistant - Personal Lines Operations & Shared Services
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701082
This role will support the AVP of Billing & PLSS and the AVP of Workforce Management and their teams. The incumbent will provide a full range of administrative support with a high degree of competence, confidentiality, and variety of administrative and special project responsibilities. The role will be based at The Hartford’s home office location, Hartford, CT.
Administrative support to include:
- Calendar management and meeting coordination
- Travel planning and expense reports
- Plan team meetings/agenda, room reserving, technology, large meeting logistics
- Coordinate office supply ordering and equipment requests
- HR process support as needed as proxy for leader in HR systems and workflows –reward and recognition, succession and talent review planning, etc.
- Complete other ad hoc duties or special projects as requested, including coordinating office moves.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Sorting all incoming collection correspondence and distribute as necessary.
- File Proof of Claim forms on behalf of The Hartford with various bankruptcy courts and distribute to associated parties.
- Notate Billing & Collection systems with information received from the Bankruptcy courts.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- High school diploma required
- 5 years of experience of administrative support in corporate environment, supporting multiple leaders
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications, including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint (animation, graphics), Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven experience:
- Working in a face paced environment and handling multiple team members’ needs
- Project management– handling coordination efforts and outcomes
- Performing fundamental data analytics from Excel spreadsheets
- Creating executive level Power Points (aesthetics, animation, graphics) from basic outlines and guidance
- Meeting planning – all aspects including technology associated with large meetings and events such as audio/visual and teleconferencing equipment
- Keeping up to date on technology and funding ways to leverage for productivity
- Building network of relationships to facilitate and enable the role
- Learning new databases for reporting
- Handling confidential documentation and sensitive company information
- Continuous learner - Strong understanding of and/or desire to learn about supported business operations and specific business requirements; maintains up to date knowledge of hardware and software enhancements on company systems
- Problem solver - Anticipates obstacles and finds solutions accordingly
- Innovative – has mindset of continuous improvement and find creative ways to work better, technology, relationships and/or process streamlining
- Organized - Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize work as part of a fast-paced, production environment
- Research - Strong understanding of internet navigation for project related research/work; and main social media sites
- Flexible - Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and ability to form networks of individual relations spanning multiple business units throughout the organization
- Team player
Behaviors at the Hartford:
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Job: Administrative Assistants