The Hartford Account Manager- Construction in GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colorado
Title: Account Manager- Construction
Location: United States-Colorado-Greenwood Village
Other Locations: United States-California-San Francisco, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-California-Los Angeles
Job Number: 1700320
- Stays current on issues potentially impacting his /her work including industry and marketplace trends, strategic direction of the organization, organizational structure and leadership, team goals, internal initiatives, etc.
- Understands and aligns own work plans, activities and decisions to help fulfill all commitments within established timeframes.
- Seeks information about the vision and strategies for his /her team, department and The Hartford overall.
- Possesses the necessary knowledge of business concepts to achieve business results.
- Manages own time and workload efficiently: balances multiple priorities to fulfill all commitments within established timeframes.
- Identifies the benefits and opportunities of change and quickly alters approaches to implement and support change efforts.
- Modifies own work activities and methods to eliminate waste and inefficiency.
- Constantly seeks opportunities to learn and acquire new skills.
- Ensures that lessons learned are applied to future situations.
- Strives to learn and understand the dynamics of the territory, develop territory and book of business knowledge.
- Words and actions are consistent; demonstrates company core values and principles.
- Is open and honest in all dealings internally and externally; treats others with fairness and respect.
- Seeks to resolve conflicts in a productive manner without assigning blame or claiming credit.
- Supports others who request assistance and /or information.
- Advances collective team mission as well as individual goals.
- Builds effective relationships with agents.
- Acts with appropriate urgency when responding to customer inquiries and requests.
- Sets high standards and continually evaluates self against performance targets.
- Demonstrates professionalism and establishes credibility and rapport in all customer interactions; personally enhances The Hartford’s reputation.
- Serves as the Single Point of Contact for agents on service-related issues and problem resolution.
- Listens carefully and asks probing questions to understand others’ needs and perspectives (peers, business partners and customers).
- Speaks clearly and concisely to effectively convey information and express opinions. Clearly explains complex, technical information in a way that is helpful to listeners.
- Quickly comprehends written information. Writes effective letters, emails, reports, etc.
- Keep others informed so there are no unnecessary “surprises”.
- Tailors communication content and method to the audience. Anticipates how messages are likely to be received.
- Education, Experience and Skills required:
- College Degree preferred
- 1 year experience as an account manager or underwriting assistant in Commercial Insurance at either a company or agency required
- Knowledge of the following primary insurance coverage’s: Workers Compensation, Auto, General Liability, Property
- Functional knowledge of Commercial Lines rating experience preferred
- Effective communication skills , both written and verbal
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good automation skills and strong technical ability
- Professional demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Software
- Ability to works autonomously
- Ability to shift work efforts quickly and make decisions in a fast past environment
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Account Service Ops