The Hartford *** Experienced P&C Middle Market Broker Sales & Renewal Underwriter- Various Locations- Submissions being accepted for future consideration only*** in FRISCO, Texas
Title: * Experienced P&C Middle Market Broker Sales & Renewal Underwriter- Various Locations- Submissions being accepted for future consideration only*
Location: United States
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-King of Prussia, United States-Virginia-Alexandria, United States-Connecticut-Hartford, United States-Alabama-Birmingham, United States-New York-New York, United States-Colorado-Greenwood Village, United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh, United States-New York-Clinton, United States-Missouri-Creve Coeur, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Florida-Lake Mary, United States-Maryland-Hunt Valley, United States-Virginia-Glen Allen, United States-Texas-Frisco, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-New Jersey-Rockaway, United States-Minnesota-Bloomington, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Ohio-Independence, United States-Tennessee-Franklin, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-Michigan-Troy, United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids, United States-Kansas-Overland Park, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Indiana-Indianapolis, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-California-Brea, United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Job Number: 1700002
* This posting is not a current vacancy- it is a posting to allow experienced Middle Market applicants the opportunity to express interest for future consideration.
Please note in the question and answer section which locations
are of greatest interest to you.
Candidates with no actual P&C Middle Market carrier underwriting experience will not be considered. However, if you are an applicant with no P&C Middle Market underwriting experience ( this includes Account Managers and Underwriting Assistants), please consider our Underwriter Trainee postings, which are posted usually once a year.
We encourage you to visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/underwriting *
P&C Middle Market Underwriter Responsibilities:
Underwrites business New and Renewals:
- Analyzes agency book on quarter-to-quarter basis for potential action
- May or may not act with high levels of Underwriting Authority
- Coaches and mentors staff on team; supports junior underwriters
- Expertly applies all applicable Underwriting guidelines when making decisions
- Typically manages higher volume and/or higher Total Written Premium goal compared to country-wide standard
- Capable of underwriting highly complex business and will require limited support from senior underwriters and infrequent referral activity to complete quotes
- Has thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and governance
- Creates, drives and executes on strategies for new and/or renewal accounts (prospective book management, executes on the mix strategy, low strategy, territorial and agency sales plans, etc.)
- Consults and provides solutions
- Effectively provides excellent account management service of assigned Division through strategic planning and operational excellence. Ensures the consistent delivery and execution of the Circle of Service process; tailoring a service plan for each client based on needs. Positively impacts and influences final account pricing and terms. Successfully sells the proposal
- Responsible for, or influences, retention
- Takes lead in communicating strategy to the agency; coordinates communications across the Enterprise; educates others on the strategy
- Coaches and mentors others on Agency Management
- Trusted advisor to agents and brokers; manages the book of business
- Establishes and maintains pipeline
- Manages cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across team; generates cross-sell opportunities
- Manages the sales process including planning, operating routines, and monitoring
- Sources opportunities for other team members
- Coaches and mentors others on sales practices
- Is well versed about every aspect of The Hartford's Value proposition to best position us for success. Is professionally demanding and holds internal and external customers accountable.
- Consulting with the agents to answer questions regarding coverage, explaining processes, directing the agents to appropriate resources within the Hartford based on their unique needs
- Directs and coordinates identified service issues
- Is highly familiar with how service operates
- Makes recommendations to service; provides feedback to Service leaders
Highly-proficient in P&C Middle Market Underwriting experience and knowledge including:
- 8 years of prior P&C carrier Middle Market Underwriting experience is required including superior technical knowledge in all standard lines (I.e., Property, Auto, Worker's Compensation, GL,Umbrella), proven presentation abilities, sound decision making, and excellent risk and analytical skills are required (or 5 years for a Senior level underwriter).
- Stellar sales and negotiation skills required.
- Experience and desire to with pipeline desirable accounts and use of applicable tracking software.
- Strong relationship building skills required with both internal customers as well as with large agents and brokers to drive in profitable business.
- BS/BA degree required or equivalent in experience required.
- CPCU or other related designation(s) preferred.
- 20-30% travel is required within the broker assigned territory- a company pool car will be provided - a valid driver’s license is required
- Position tier, level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Key Accounts UW