The Hartford ***Executive Underwriter Large Property Central States Submissions being accepted for future consideration only *** in CREVE COEUR, Missouri
Title: *Executive Underwriter Large Property Central States Submissions being accepted for future consideration only *
Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Missouri-Creve Coeur, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Connecticut-Hartford, United States-Kansas-Overland Park, United States-Texas-Frisco
Job Number: 1702179
The Hartford continues to expand its Large Property business unit, focusing on a broad range of
occupancies, including municipalities, schools, healthcare, financial services, real estate and more. This Executive Underwriter will be based out of one of The Hartford’s Central States Regional Offices or Home Office in Hartford CT, and be a primary relationship manager and point of contact for multiple large agents/brokers within an assigned territory.
The position will work as part of a growing team of Large Property underwriters to provide specialized underwriting, insurance coverage and risk management services supporting the continued profitable growth of the dedicated practice. Working in a team environment, this position will collaborate to complete new and renewal business production underwriting, service accounts, identify key large property agents/brokers, implement sales and marketing activities and demonstrate a strong customer focus and thorough understanding of The Hartford Large Property unit’s appetite and strategy.
Sales & Underwriting
• Underwrites and produces profitable new and renewal large property related business
• Adheres to underwriting procedures and guidelines, while developing strong producer elationships and managing the relationships of some of The Hartford’s largest producers in the Central Region
• Establishes and maintains account pipeline, and supports the sales process, including planning, operating routines and monitoring for the large property line of business.
• Manages cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across team and with other business units;
generates cross-sell opportunities and actively sources opportunities for other team members
• Knows The Hartford’s value proposition to best position the team for success; is professionally demanding and understands accountability for results.
• Analyzes individual book on quarter-to-quarter basis and recommends potential actions
• Applies all applicable line of business underwriting guidelines when making decisions and
adheres to high standards of quality.
• Typically manages high volume of total written premium and adheres to territorial production goals.
• Has thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and governance.
• Creates, drives and executes on strategies for new and/or renewal accounts (prospective book management, executing on territorial and agency sales plans, etc.).
• Effectively provides excellent account management service of assigned territory through strategic planning and operational excellence.
• Ensures the consistent delivery and execution of service process; tailoring a service plan for each client based on needs.
• Positively impacts and influences final account pricing and terms, successfully selling the proposal
• Consults and provides solutions.
• Responsible for, or influences retention.
• Serves as a trusted advisor to agency, managing the book of business and taking the lead in
communicating strategy and decisions.
• Consults with agents/brokers to answer questions regarding coverage, explain processes and directs agents to appropriate resources within The Hartford based on their unique needs
• Directs and coordinates identified service issues.
• Is highly familiar with how service operates; makes recommendations and provides feedback to service partners to improve overall customer experience.
• BA/BS required or equivalent professional work experience
• Minimum 7 years P&C underwriting experience; Large Property underwriting and marketing experience required as well as strong relationships with Brokers in the region
• CPCU, ARM or other relevant professional insurance designations/certifications preferred
• Current relationships with key producers and strong market knowledge
• Strong analytical and financial analysis skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders while demonstrating a positive, service-oriented approach
• Superior technical knowledge, proven presentation and decision making abilities
• Strong relationship management skills, with ability to build new relationships in order to take advantage of opportunities to increase market share through penetration
• Valid Driver’s License required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
No Agencies Please
Job: Middle Market Speciality UW