The Hartford SC, Executive Team Lead (Asst UW Mgr), CARENew Hartford in CLINTON, New York
Title: SC, Executive Team Lead (Asst UW Mgr), CARENew Hartford
Location: United States-New York-Clinton
Job Number: 1701430
Agency Sales and Territorial Management: (20%)
- Build strong, distinctive strategic partnerships with key agents, brokers, and Division Small Commercial Underwriting teams. Agency book of business management process focused on areas such as mix, information accuracy, renewal retention. Execute on UOE initiatives that support the voice of the customer. Works closely with management to develop strategic operating plans which leverage agent broker relationships and position which assists with our ability to profitably grow within the territory.
People Leadership and Development: (30%)
- Assist with the process of attracting, selecting and development of high caliber talent within or outside of the organization. Effectively manages staff through coaching, active performance management, implementation of a meaningful development process; builds a high performance team which fosters collaboration and open dialogue; and involves staff in critical decision-. future staffing needs. Effectively manages staff through active performance management, implementation of a meaningful development process.
Execution of Underwriting and Operations Excellence : (30%)
- Ensures that underwriting practices and guidelines are understood and adhered to, specifically focusing on pricing, risk selection, mix of business, flow management, and quality analysis. Utilize QA and referral programs to identify opportunities to develop staff to ensure functional and regulatory integrity of the book of business and over compliance with Small Commercial segment guidelines. Accountable for utilizing VOC feedback from all sources to focus on actions/initiatves and coaching opportunities that will drive improvement in the agent's ease of doing business. Focus on assisting with streamlining the underwriting process in order for the Underwriters to improve their responsiveness and consistently. Support the drive towards an efficient and low cost scaleable model.
Self Development: (20%)
- Increase the level of skill and knowledge in the areas of leadership, underwriting, book management, human resources to prepare for roles requiring additional responsibility within 18-24 mos of assuming the Assistant UW manager role. This entails creation and management of a detailed and constantly evolving development plan.?
- Previous management experience preferred, preferably in the insurance industry
- 3 years underwriting, agency territorial management
- Solid financial / business acumen skills
- Highly regarded for leadership capabilities
Job: Small Commercial