The Hartford National Account Manager - Chicago in CHICAGO, Illinois
Title: National Account Manager - Chicago
Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Job Number: 1701322
We offer a multifaceted environment for our field consultants allowing them to work with a wide range of customers in delivering risk engineering services. We also offer a flexible, contemporary work environment where employee engagement is one of our key cultural values. We support and invest in the growth and development of our consultants to help them acquire a broad array of technical and leadership skills. Our organizational structure promotes opportunities to advance in a variety of areas and we believe in promoting from within to develop diverse career paths. You can achieve your personal and professional goals by becoming a valued member of the Hartford Risk Engineering team.
This will be a remote position where the candidate has the opportunity to work from home while providing risk engineering technical consultation and evaluation to support National Accounts. This may include, but is not limited to, providing technical review of exposures and anticipated controls by industry and/or line of business; new business acquisition support to National Accounts; completion of prospective corporate overviews; coordination of needed risk evaluation surveys; identifying service needs; and participating in service/sales presentations. Also includes providing account management and service coordination of risk improvement service(s) to National Account clients; directs and provides oversight of delivery on service commitments; assures the timeliness, consistency, and appropriateness of service; prepare reports for Practice Leaders and summarizing service delivery and effectiveness of service provided.
The successful candidate will work as a business consultant, utilizing sales and technical knowledge and experience to affect positive change in many types of businesses. The candidate must be a creative and strategic thinker. The consultant will work with our largest National Account clients to improve working conditions, employee safety & health conditions will make recommendations that protect the life and assets of our policyholders and their customers, etc. The consultant will also partner with the Practice Leader(s) and Claim Account Executives in support of our National Account initiatives for new and existing business.
Highly motivated individual must have strong technical skills along with sales & relationship building skills. Broad based knowledge of risk management and risk engineering technical disciplines including LOB expertise in Workers Compensation, General and Products Liability, and Automobile. The candidate must be able to work in a sales focused environment, be an effective oral and written communicator. Work experience in risk engineering is a must. CSP, ARM or other safety related designation desired. The Hartford offers a cutting edge automated environment providing our consultants with the tools and technology to make the job easier. Strong computer skills are needed across the MS Office Suite of products. Must be proficient in the use of Excel in order to analyze data; understand and communicate the implications of loss for Large Deductible clients, understand the priorities of our Large Clients and assist in identifying unrealized needs to uncover service opportunities. In addition to:
- 8 years of work experience and ability to provide exemplary service to large accounts
- A bachelor's degree in the following fields of study preferred: Safety Management, Risk Management and Insurance, Business Management, Industrial or Environmental Engineering, Biology and Science Majors.
- Must be able to work successfully in a sales focused environment and be an effective oral and written communicator.
- Strong technical, analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Day travel and 25-30% of overnight travel are required. Ability to travel over for work via air, rail or automobile.
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Bilingual capabilities are a plus
- Additional physical requirements and/or environmental conditions not mentioned above:
- Need to be able to work in a seated position up to 4-8 hours a day, ability to operate a motor vehicle, stand and walk to a significant degree. Stooping and bending is also required for this job.
- Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with some lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs
- Ability to access elevated locations during Risk Engineering Surveys. Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders.
- Ability to work in outside uncontrolled environmental conditions and ability to work safely in a wide variety of customer environments that may contain physical conditions, such as: exposure to extreme heat or cold, chemicals, electrical current, and moving mechanical parts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Risk Mgmt Profs