The Hartford Legal Assistant-Insurance Defense-Chicago, IL in CHICAGO, Illinois
Title: Legal Assistant-Insurance Defense-Chicago, IL
Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Job Number: 1701083
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION?
Chicago Staff Legal Operations for The Hartford seeks a litigation legal assistant to support two attorneys and assist in overall support of the office, when necessary. Responsibilities include: calendar management, deposition scheduling,
PFD/Word document conversion, creating revising and formatting documents, uploading and downloading documents, proofreading, invoice processing, answering phones, corresponding with clients, opposing counsel and claim partners and maintenance of electronic files, we are a paperless environment.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- legal assistant with personal injury experience in Illinois, Indiana and/or Wisconsin preferred.
- college graduates welcomed.
- professional, organized self-starter
- ability to interact with staff and clients at all levels
- ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- proactive work ethic
- ability to anticipate needs
- strong decision making skills
- attention to detail
- proficient in MSWord, Outlook and Adobe are required and, Aderant Total Office, a plus
What Else Can You Tell Me?
This position is located in our Chicago, IL Staff Legal Office.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: P&C Claim Legal Support