The Hartford MAXUMSenior UW, E&SBinding, SC in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
Title: MAXUMSenior UW, E&SBinding, SC
Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Job Number: 1603127
Analyze applications submitted (submissions) by E&S wholesale brokers to build a book of primary and excess business by utilizing underwriting guidelines and rating rules while leveraging relationships to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
• Review submissions to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with underwriting guidelines and casualty brokerage risk appetite.
• Prioritize and manage inventory of new business opportunities, renewal business, and in-force policy endorsement and service requests.
• Understand pricing components and rating methodology to price business based on risk characteristics, financial review and competitive analysis.
• Demonstrate technical underwriting skills through strategic account review and detailed file pricing and risk documentation.
• Keeps current on state/territory issues, regulations and trends.
• Communicate underwriting decisions and risk appetite to the brokerage community.
• Manage assigned producer relationships to achieve gross written premium, profitability, rate, retention, product mix and new business production goals.
• Develop and maintain producer relationships through targeted travel to build broker intelligence and drive performance to meet and exceed results.
• Follow broker specific production plans, monitor performance, and suggest adjustments to plan to ensure profitable growth.
• 5 years of P&C commercial lines underwriting experience in the insurance industry.
• 3 years of E&S primary General Liability experience. Excess experience desirable.
• Proficient in risk selection and pricing to achieve an underwriting profit.
• Proven exceptional marketing skill and dynamic relationship building ability.
• Existing wholesale broker relationships preferred.
• Ability to thoroughly analyze financial statements for acceptability standards.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of rates, rules, and forms for assigned product line.
• Competent in use of technology as a tool to help improve underwriting efficiencies.
• Ability to function in a highly collaborative, team environment.
• Four year college degree preferred. Business degree a plus.
Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Small Commercial