The Hartford Division Head, Special Property Maxum in ALPHARETTA, Georgia
Title: Division Head, Special Property MaxumLocation: United States-Georgia-AlpharettaOther Locations: United States-Connecticut-HartfordJob Number: 1702304The Opportunity:
The Hartford is looking for a Divisional Head of Special Property for Maxum’s E&S line of business. This position will report to the Head of Maxum. He/she will be accountable for delivering both top-line and bottom-line growth for the Special Property Division. He/she will develop and implement our underwriting appetite, design our underwriting, product structure and CAT management approaches, partner closely with wholesalers to deliver profitable growth and own the long-term strategic plan for the Division.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding individual who has the ability to:
• Drive The Hartford’s penetration of the $40B market for E&S;
• Leverage The Hartford’s and Maxum’s reputation and existing capabilities to expand our appetite in non- admitted capabilities for Property. • Create and execute countrywide strategies to deliver profitable growth for Specialty Property.
• Define the infrastructure, capabilities and investment needed to expand upon existing E&S capabilities for the Special Property Division.• Coach, direct and mentor staff. Set clear objectives and goals; give appropriate feedback on progress and development needs. Attract and develop top talent for succession planning.• In partnership with Maxum’s Chief Operating Officer, oversee product development and marketing dedicated to the Special Property offering.• Collaborate with reinsurance brokers and actuarial to determine CAT management strategy and ensure successful execution that leads to long-term profitability with acceptable volatility. • Lead the development, management and communication of Special Property underwriting policies. Lead the development of new or revised underwriting positions and appetite. Ensure underwriting guidance is regularly reviewed and maintained.• Develop and manage relationships with external brokers to achieve written premium, profitability, rate, retention, product mix and new business production goals. • Oversee national brokers’ production plans, monitor performance to ensure profitable growth. • Monitor line of business results and react quickly and effectively to growth and profit challenges.Qualifications:
• 10 years of Property underwriting including excess & surplus lines, reinsurance and/or large accounts. • At least 5 years of experience in a leadership position managing an underwriting organization In-depth knowledge of Special Property underwriting principles for both primary and XS lines.. • Demonstrated track record of setting business strategy, establishing underwriting direction, completing contract negotiation, ensuring appropriate reinsurance purchasing, performance monitoring, claims monitoring, operations execution, and any necessary product development/enhancement work.• Demonstrated aptitude for numerical and/or financial evaluation of business performance; knowledge of insurance financial and accounting statement and basic actuarial principles;• Excellence leadership, coaching, and influencing skills;• Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills; • Strong business acumen and decision making skills, including an ability to exercise sound business judgment, leverage market and competitor intelligence, apply financial acumen and negotiate for success.• Strong working relationship with the major E&S wholesale brokers.• Able to influence diverse teams and build strong business relationships;• Solid planning and organizational skills; • Excellent oral and written communication skills;• Bachelor’s degree
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.• Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Small Commercial