The Hartford Senior Underwriter, Technology and Life Science in ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
Title: Senior Underwriter, Technology and Life Science
Location: United States-Virginia-Alexandria
Job Number: 1700851
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
The primary responsibilities for the position will include the following:
Risk Selection/Technical Underwriting: Takes lead role in risk selection, pricing, and Technology account management.br> br>
Has extensive knowledge of Hartford Programs, forms and services for the Technology & Life Science Practice and within The Enterprise, with emphasis on Middle Market, and Hartford Financial Products.br> br>
Is creative in use of underwriting tools and techniques to write profitable business. Uses pricing models for appropriate risk selection/pricing and is able to communicate rationale for underwriting decisions.br> br>
Exhibits a commitment to finding ways to write business without sacrifice of quality, including appropriate leverage of all lines and account underwriting. Successful individual will be responsible for both IT and Life Science risks.br> br>
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred, or equivalent in experience.
- 5 years’ technology or multi-line underwriting experience. Technology E&O preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with teams.
- CPCU, IIA or CIC coursework preferred.
- Broad underwriting, agency/territorial management, financial/business acumen and strategic leadership skills.
- Ability to travel within territory and meet with agents.
- A consistent, proven, high level of performance and achievement.
- Aptitude for numerical and/or financial evaluation of business performance.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and critical thinking decision making skills.
- Keen influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
Depending on candidate’s experience, we may hire at a different level
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Technology UW